Why Solar Window Film rather than Sunscreens?
Click here for Sunscreen vs Solar Film Comparison
* Solar Window Film rejects as much or more heat and U.V. light
regardless of sun's angle.
* Film does not have to go as dark to cool the house.
* Clear, undistorted view.
* Easy to clean.
* Recommended over sunscreens by Click here to download study.
Is Solar Film safe for dual pane glass?
Dark "car" films can attract heat to the glass which could be harmful, But the selected solar window films that we
offer have been designed for dual pane and low e windows.
Madico and SunTek puts their money where their mouth is by including a warranty
that pays for glass breakage. Yes! It's safe.
But my windows were tinted from the factory...
Many homes come with a slight factory "dye" in the glass.
* "Dye" is only good for glare reduction and is not efficient in rejecting heat.
* Factory tinted windows don't offer much U.V. protection and will still allow furnishings to fade.
* says that factory tinted windows will reduce cooling bills by about 26%, Compared to a
strong window film that would save them about 44%.
(Solar Window Film applied on top of factory tint should save them close to 50%)
Does, tint work on low e windows?
* Low e was designed for cold weather climates and primarily helps to keep heat IN rather than OUT
* Solar Window film will not harm low e windows and will improve the efficiency.
How long will Solar Window Film last?
Most of the films are warranted for a lifetime and that includes material & labor! I've been installing for 28 years
now and I can still go to homes where I installed Madico or SunTek and the films still look great!
Why are SunTek & Madico better than other brands?
It is very comparable to other conventional films, but they have proven adhesive systems that are very much
like "super glue" that dries hard rather than the typical "sticky" adhesives that may eventually bubble up.
They build U.V. protection into more layers than some of the industries top names. Resulting in sustained
U.V. protection of 98% or better even 10yrs later. Other brands drop down to levels of only 60% after as
little as only 3 years.
They have superior scratch resistant coatings
that hold up well under normal cleaning conditions.
They use very high grade metals which allow
them to hold out a little more heat than the
competition without having to go as dark.
Madico is an accepted
Energy Star partner
Madico has been in business since
1903 And NASA chose their products
for heat shielding around many
components on their spacecraft
including the space shuttle.
Search This Site
|Click for more details.....
Should you get